Thursday 30 October 2014

Five must have gadgets that all kitchens in Adelaide

Most renovated kitchens in Adelaide feel like they’re missing something. While much attention has been given to the flooring, benchstops and cupboards, usually not a lot thought has been put into what is actually stored within it. Funnily enough, we favourite part of the kitchen renovations process was selecting the cool gadgets that really made my kitchen stand out and the cooking process a lot more enjoyable. Below are five items that I believe will inject fun, personality and functionality into your kitchen.





Cute Cheese Knifes

When you think cheese platters, you normally thing classy nights surrounded by friends with a good bottle of wine. Generally, most of us don’t treat ourselves to delicious cheese platters on a regular basis and instead create one for a special gathering. For that very reason, it is vital you have some classy cheese knifes that match your sumptuous selection of tasty cheese. Try going for something a bit out of the ordinary. There are many funky designs out there that are sure to excite your friends.


Funky Tea Infusers 

There’s nothing better than sipping at a hot tea on a cold winter night. Recently I have been experimenting with different flavours of tea and have been loving the results. With herbal tea a much healthier substitute than coffee, a lot of my friends have been jumping on the tea bandwagon. When I was at my best friend’s house one night, she offered me a soothing peppermint tea and presented me with a mug featuring the cutest rubber ducky tea infuser. My face light up and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it bob up and down in my cup as I let it cool. If you are a tea fanatic like me and want to liven up a regular cuppa, try a cute tea infuser. There are a range of different designs around the place that you are sure to love. 

Decorative Measuring Cups 
On the weekend I came across the most delightful measuring cups. At first glance, I really didn’t know what they were. The ceramic measuring cups were fashion into a stunning yellow lemon and I first thought it was just a decorative ornament. While at the moment I have a crazy obsession for pineapples, I thought the lemon ornament may go nicely with my fruity kitchen theme. However, when I picked the lemon up I noticed that the top and bottom came apart and inside, just like a babushka doll were lemon shaped cups. The set was actually measuring cups that were extremely gorgeous. I quickly discovered that there were many other design alternatives that would suit a range of different tastes.  

Novelty Cheese Graters 
Cheese grating is a task often downgraded to the sous chef of the kitchen. It can be laborious at times, making a lot of us cave in to laziness and buy those bags of pre-grated cheese. If you’re like me and don’t like the sometimes plastic tang that pre-grated cheese has, then grating is the only option. In order to make the process a whole lot more fun, try buying a novelty cheese grater. My favourite is a hedgehog grater. The hedge hog is arched over, with holes on his back to grate the cheese through. Not only is it super cute, but it is very functional.  

Gadget Protectors 
These days I find all my recipes on the Internet using my iPad. While I do splash out and buy Nigella Lawson’s cookbooks when they are released, thanks to a tonne of amazing bloggers out there I find a bunch of cool recipes online. Plus, the recipes are just at my fingerprints, with no need to print out. However, while finding the recipes is easy, the one problem I do have is using my iPad to read further steps, especially when my hands are dirty or wet. This all changed when I stumbled across the new iPad mini screen protector. The cool gadget allows you to prop up your iPad so you can read and navigate through your recipes with ease.

If you are still working with a blank canvas and require renovations on your kitchen, talk to the professionals at ABJ Kitchens in Adelaide. For further information about their services, visit their website at http://abjkitchens.com.au/.

No comments:

Post a Comment